Friday, May 29, 2009

Yesterday was a visit to Zilker Park with the WildCat painters Nina and Deborah. It was my first trip to Zilker. Funny my first trip and I had to share it with atleast 100 young kids. Yes, there were bus loads of them. They were running all around screaming, laughing and just being kids. In my studio it is very quite with some soft music in the background. Don't get me wrong my house does not stay quite for long, I do have kids. Anyway, I used my brush at first, it just wasn't working, so I switched to my palette knife. It worked for a while then is was getting to the point where it was not working so I switched back to the brush. Ahhh, it was to late. I finallly decided that I was not going to get anywhere with my painting. They say that a great artist knows when to stop and wipe down your canvas and start all over. Well, that is what I did. After about 3 hours of struggling with this painting it was time to make the famouse wipe the canvas decision, and I did. At first it was painful, then I found it very liberating. So, there is no photo of my painting today. I have however been working on two additional paintings for a competition that I am entering within the next week. So, pray for me that I not only win entry but come home the winner. I will keep you posted on that. Also, Jill Carver, an Austin artist, is having solo showing at Wally Workman Gallery http://www.wallyworkman.com/jill_carver.lasso . If you are in the area she is a fabulous Plein air painter so go check it out. If you are out of the area you can check her website at http://www.jillcarver.com/ . Well that is all I have for today, I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment