Saturday, August 29, 2009

What would you do part 2

The top is the version that was to be corrected. Can you tell me what was wrong with it? Are you able to see where the perspective is off? Would you have just left it alone?
This is the corrected version, can you see where changes were made? Would you have made similar changes? Granted both paintings were taken in two different locations so the color may seem a bit different but let me explain what changes were made and why. Karen asked/stated a valid point (commented on Blogspot); she asked what decision I had made and she would like to view what was done so she and others could maybe learn from it.
Ok, did you see what changes were done? Well I did some adjustments to the shutters to line them up correctly. Then I did the same for the bottom of the doorway, things were just not lined up. Then the last thing was I added some more stones to the planter.
Both Monte and Gayle had great points also(commented on my website blog), the percentage of changes was not that great, and it seemed to me that when I paint something a second time sometimes I lose some of the spontaneity and spirit that was created in the first painting. So let me know what you all think of the painting and the changes.

1 comment:

  1. Kay, If I had seen the first painting, I would have agreed with your friends that it was perfect. But... your eye is correct. The changes you made has made the painting much easier for the eye to follow.

    And.. Kay thank you for sharing. It will help me with my paintings.

    ReplyDelete