Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Paintings are up at 300 E 6th St. Austin

Well for the past week or so I have been working hard in getting ready for the showing at 300 E. 6th St. here in Austin. What a challenge. I had several paintings that were on loose canvas so I needed to put them on birch, then find frames that they would fit into. Some I had to cut down a bit, others I had to have someone cut the frame to fit the painting. But let me tell you it was all worth while. This past Sunday we (10 of us nicknamed "The Wildcats") hung our paintings. What a wonderful collection of talent. I would strongly suggest you all take the time to go view them. No photo magic could do all of the wonderful paintings justice. Anyway, this is one of the paintings that is now showing. I am currently working on a 20 X 24 painting of one of the rivers that runs through Fredericksburg. I did a study on site and use that and a photo to paint the larger one. The boys will be gone next week so we will see how much I can get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment