Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's been interesting....

Well since my last posting I have had some interesting turns. Right after April 17th posting I pulled some tenants and tore the meniscus in my knee. I was on crutches for a week. It took me awhile to get to the Dr. and he said not good. I tend to be more positive so I am just taking it easy on that knee but still painting. Right after the conversation with the Dr. I left for Port Aransas, for plein air painting with five (5) of the WildCat group. Sure I hobbled a lot and took longer to get where everyone else was (kind of like to energizer bunny,, she keeps on going and going - even though she is hurting or is that Timex keeps on ticking even after a beating) but it was well worth the trip. Our hostess Sandra was fantastic. We painted twice a day and had fun in the evenings. Nearly the entire time I used the palette knife. I really enjoyed our time down there and had a great time trying to master the knife if one can do that. As I complete each one I will post them. A loving friend told me I should loosen up my paintings hence the palette knife, you just can't be tight with it. You be the judge, let me know if you like this style or not. The next four paintings were started in Port A, so whoever purchases them you will see sand in the paint. There's no escaping the blowing sand - which ends up everywhere. So the sand is free, kind of a souvenir. Hope you enjoy - Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment